THERE ARE NO INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Whitley Mortgage seeks enthusiastic Interns to gain hands-on experience across all aspects of the mortgage industry while providing invaluable assistance to our processing, originating and management teams. Diversity and Inclusion isn’t just an initiative from the Security Exchange Commission, but an opportunity to collaborate with humans from every background to create, experience and learn!
This is an unpaid opportunity. Intern will learn the ins and outs of the mortgage industry. The day to day operations and the overall life of a home loan. Interns will gain valuable experience to market yourself!
Day-to-day responsibilities and learning opportunities will include:
- Research and preparation of reports on borrower demographics, pre- & post-closing data, data-input, compliance, etc.
- Learning and understand our business model, structure, and offerings
- Research and drafting marketing for Social Media, and other avenues of advertising
- Basic customer support/service on the phone and in person with borrowers
- Data-input pre-submission, processing, and post-close
- Training on how to deal with confidential data
- Assisting with Loan Origination, per SAFE Act guidelines
- Community outreach, including job fairs, expos and events offering to education potential employees and homeowners
- Daily, weekly, and monthly meetings with mentor(s)
- Team meeting coordination including scheduling, agendas, materials preparation, note taking, etc.
- May assist with client billing and/or program budget/expense reconciliation, as needed
- Utilize Loan Origination Software,
- Utilize computer: Microsoft Office, Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, etc.
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- High School Graduate
- Some college preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail, organization, multitasking, and time-management
- Writes, presents, and communicates in an articulate and persuasive manner, across a variety of platforms, including interoffice, on the phone, in writing and on social media
- Team player who enjoys working with and helping others in a collaborative environment
- Open to ideas and viewpoints from others, with a willingness to learn and take constructive feedback
- A good problem solver who seeks to make improvements and learns from mistakes
About Whitley Mortgage Associates:
Whitley Mortgage Associates, or WMA, is the longest licensed mortgage company in North Carolina. We have been working in NC and SC for over thirty years. We are small, but we have a growth-mindset. Our mortgage industry partners also offer opportunities for growth for Interns. We are leaders with technology and compliance and continue to seek active, enthusiastic people to join our team.
- 1. Seniority Level: Internship
- Industry: Mortgage Industry/Banking
- Employment Type: Internship
- Job Functions: Collaborate, write, data-entry, assist, use Loan Origination Software, use the computer: Microsoft Office, Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, etc.